Breaking News

test.AllTheThings!

I've loved Sauce Labs every since I first heard about it. Instead of testing the same exact web application five or ten times in various browsers and platforms, I can write a test once? And I don't have to manually configure the browsers and platforms by hand? Sign me up! 

We use it at work. Sure, it's a pain setting up Internet Explorer 8, but you kinda expect IE8 to be a pain when using a modern web app with it. 


Have you ever read the blog Hyperbole and a Half? The post, "This is Why I'l Never Be An Adult" was where the meme "Clean AllTheThings!" came from. 

Sauce Labs designed promotional shirts branded with a new motto: test.AllTheThings!( ). 

https://twitter.com/saucelabs/status/606573862961082368

Last week, I received something in the mail.


Unfortunately, they did not have a 4XL for my manager. 



... I was finally able to wear the shirt yesterday! 


When I am reviewing videos Saucelabs provides trying to figure out why our tests failed again, I can wear my shirt proudly. 

Test AllTheThings! 



-T.J. Maher
 Sr. QA Engineer, Fitbit
 Boston, MA

// Automated tester for [ 3 ] month and counting!

Please note: 'Adventures in Automation' is a personal blog about automated testing. It is not an official blog of Fitbit.com